Wednesday, February 17, 2010

progress! productivity!

Finished the Scarf of Doom, finished the mittens for Samuel, and finished handwarmers for me! I know, I know, I can't believe it either!

Here is the scarf:

this is supposed to be a picture of the scarf I made, but this kid kept sneaking into the picture


I rather like how it looks over the back of the chair, so this is where I leave it when I'm not wearing it. I like that it is displayed and not shoved in a closet. I do wear it sometimes, too:

scarf/wrap I made

Yikes, not the best picture of me... or the best lighting... not to mention the less-than-picturesque setting of my bathroom... oh,well.

Here are the mittens:

Look!  I made Samuel some mittens!

Still not the colors I would have chosen, but I am over it. I think. I still haven't gotten around to lanolinizing them, but they kept his hands pretty warm in the snow. I am hoping that the lanolin will help keep the snow from sticking to them... I have no idea. We probably won't get much more snow this year (I hope!) so I'll find out next year.

And here are my hand warmers:

handwarmers I made


Yet another Knitty pattern. I was going to make the men's version for my dad for Christmas, but mine aren't quite the same size. I'm not sure why. Anyway, that did not give me a lot of confidence in making a gift for someone else, so I bought my dad a pair instead. I'll try to make a pair for dh, maybe, and see how that goes. Then at least I'll have him right there to try them on.

For my next project, I might make those handwarmers for dh, or maybe a sweater vest for Samuel (he'd like one in argyle) or maybe I'll get a headstart on Christmas gifts. Not sure yet. I've done a few practice swatches of some different techniques, though, like double knitting and illusion knitting (like this Alien Scarf).

Oh, and I'm on Ravelry now (as organiclilac). Heaven help me. Trying very hard not to spend our life savings on yarn.

that kid is sneaking into my pictures again

No comments: